Monday, May 14, 2012

Baseball Boys

So proud of these two boys! They have had an outstanding season so far and I just cannot say enough about them. They both are on teams that...let's just say I would not have chosen these teams, nor coaches, if I got to pick. Unfortunately when you are good you get picked up quick by the lucky coach that gets to pick first. That's what happened this year and it has been a good learning experience for everyone. Braxton has grown and matured so much on and off the field. He has become a leader and an encourager to his teammates. He has, for the most part, carried his team every.single.game. His frustration with his teammates hasn't gotten the best of him and he keeps on going. I am so proud of him, not because of how many outs he gets, or how many home runs he hits, but because he has become someone that others look up to. That makes my heart super happy!!
Mason...well he is just Mason. My little Tasmanian Devil. That kid is something else and he is making a name for himself right quick! When he is on he is ON! What I love about him is that he is happy just to be there playing in a game. Always smiling, even when he strikes out. He hit a grand slam during the game this past weekend and still doesn't even realize how awesome it was, all he wants to do is make it home and score a run.   I hope he is always this way playing sports. It is much less stressful watching him play than Braxton! :) The season is winding down and I am looking forward to watching the last few weeks of ball. Come on sweet summer~time!

1 comment: