Friday, March 9, 2012

The Birthday Party

Cullen finally got his celebration...a day late due to the hand, foot and mouth, but it turned out better in the end. The weather Saturday was just nasty so I was glad when I saw that sunshine Sunday morning! All the stress of getting everything just about did me in this time. I guess because he had been sick all week and that put a little kink in my extra time to get things done. I was running around crazy Saturday and Sunday morning finishing up. It all turned out great for the party. Food was good, weather was beautiful, (a little windy but I will take windy over rain any day!) kids were laughing and most importantly our friends and family were there to share in the celebration. I believe a good time was had by all, and I even enjoyed myself and wasn't a sobbing mess! I guess I was too busy to think about this being the last first birthday party for our little family! (Yes, last week was my pity party, I dwelled on every.single.thing. that we were never going to do again!! lol) But I am okay now and we are moving forward and enjoying the next year as much as we have his first year!! What a joy he has been and we are looking forward to watching his little personality develop more and more. So now on with the birthday party pics... Get ready, picture overload!
The sweets, my favorite part! Cake, sour straws, rock candy suckers, marshmallow pops, and sixlets
 The food. Chicken salad and pimento cheese croissants, peanut butter and jelly, veggie stix, carrots/celery in ranch dressing, cheese straws, mixed fruit, lemonade and sweet tea. Easy, yummy Sunday lunch!
 The birthday boy...and his daddy
 Mason helping unwrap presents
 more presents
 and more


 Cullen's smash cake

 He tore that cake apart, and was loving every bit of it!!





Tired baby...he partied hard! After the party he slept 3 hours!!




 Taking a walk with Mason, working off all that cake! Love this!

1 comment: