Friday, April 29, 2011

Field Trip to Lanark

Today I went with Braxton on his field trip to Lanark...why he wanted me there, I don't know. For one he didn't want me to walk beside him. He said I needed to walk in the back where the other parents were and two this was such a DADDY kind of place!!! Regardless it was a fantastic day and probably one of the best field trips that he has been on. It was a great learning experience for all of them. The guides there were so nice and very patient with the kids. They really knew there stuff!!
The kids got to learn about different types of insects and why they were so important in the pond. They were given a net and a bowl and headed down to the pond to explore and see what they could find.

Looking at all their "critters"...the girls even got into it! (You can see Braxton's teacher's beautiful pink cast in the background...bless her heart she just couldn't stand to let her kids go without her, she LOVES them and they adore her as well)

They have their waders on and are ready to go deep in the pond to see what else they can catch in their nets.

How cute are they??? AND only one went under!! I just knew there would be more :)

Another trail, learning about different trees and plants

This was my favorite part...the creek walk. The kids had the best time walking in the creek!



Rinsing out their shoes from the creek walk

Such a great day with a fabulous teacher, super parents and fun, fun kids!! Even though I couldn't walk beside him, I so enjoyed being there with him today. He even told me thanks for coming with him, so I think he was really glad that I was there, he just couldn't tell anybody :)

1 comment: